Thomas Zwick, PhD,
Institute of Radio Frequency Engineering and Electronics (IHE)
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT),
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
The IEEE MICROWAVE AND WIRELESS COMPONENTS LETTERS (MWCL) is published monthly with the purpose of providing fast publication of original and significant contributions relevant to all aspects of microwave/millimeter-wave technology, with emphasis on devices, components, circuits, guided wave structures, systems and applications covering the frequency spectrum from a few 100 MHz to submillimeter-waves and infrared. Publication time will be usually three months from the end of the month in which the paper has been accepted, provided the author responds swiftly to all communications. Once a manuscript has been received by the editorial office, confirmation of the original manuscript submission will be sent to the author. Proofs of accepted papers will be sent to authors. Once a paper is accepted, any changes to the technical content by the author will cause the paper to be reviewed again.
I. PAPER SUBMISSION IN ELECTRONIC FORM
To reduce time from submission to publication of papers, the editorial office accepts manuscripts in electronic form as .pdf files only through Manuscript Central. All communications with authors will be via email. The files must not be larger than 1MB and no *.zip files are accepted. Electronic submission should be carried out at Manuscript Central on the web site: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/mwcl-ieee. Authors must have a reliable email address, since all communications will be by email. All papers must use the templates provided with the IEEE Author Digital Toolbox (Template for all Transactions (except IEEE Transactions on Magnetics), two-column template; can also be requested from the editorial office). Figures, graphs and all other necessary information for reviewing the manuscript must be included in this file (as opposed to being attached to it as separate files) and placed at appropriate locations within the text rather than at the end:
- Figures should be large enough to be easily readable on a computer screen and on paper when printed out.
- The print version of the paper will be in black and white, but color figures may be used in the electronic version of the paper.
- Axes should be labeled with large lettering.
- Whenever possible, theory and corresponding experimental results should be printed on the same graph for easy comparison.
- Follow the Guidelines for Author-Supplied Electronic Text and Graphics available for download at the above website.
- The maximum paper length is 3 pages, including paper title, author affiliation, references, etc. The font size is specified in the templates. TeX and LaTeX users must use scalable fonts rather than bitmapped fonts to allow easy reading of .pdf files on the computer screen.
Note: Manuscripts that are related to material submitted to or published at conferences are considered only if the content is significantly updated or contains material of substantially complementary nature. Authors must reference all of their previous papers that are similar. Please attach .pdf files of both previous papers and documents clearly stating (on a separate page) the difference with respect to the current submission as “Supplementary File” at Manuscript Central. Failure to disclose prior papers by the authors that are similar will be returned.
II. COPYRIGHT FORM
Upon submission at the MWCL Manuscript Central, authors will be directed to complete the copyright form. The copyright form is available here (or from the editorial office).
III. PAGE CHARGE FORM
At the time of submitting the final draft and documents, authors upload the completed page charge form to the MWCL Manuscript Central. The page charge form is also available from the editorial office.
IV. FINAL SUBMISSION FORMAT
After a manuscript has been accepted for publication, the author will be requested to provide an electronic copy of the final version of the manuscript. IEEE Publishing accepts the PDF format and the following backup formats: LaTex, TEX, and Word. Some additional guidelines must, however, be followed for the submission of the final manuscript in electronic form:
- The header information should accompany the transmitted files, clearly identifying the name of the Journal, author’s name and title of the manuscript.
- Include all macros (/def) that are required to produce your manuscript (TEX and LATEX).
- IEEE Transaction/Journal style dictates a 21-pica (3.5 inch) column width. If mathematical expressions are produced with this in mind, they are more aesthetically pleasing in the final version.
Figures and tables must be submitted as separate files in .ps, .eps or .tiff format