Date: Sept 29th – Paris – Porte de Versailles
Session: WS – 04
Chair/Vice-Chair: Kazutaka Inoue / Kazuya Yamamoto
Various RF front-end technologies based on GaN, Si-CMOS etc. for 5G new radios (NRs) base stations have been discussed in major conferences up to now. Now, the 3GPP has announced that 5G standards have been completed for services. This workshop introduces not fantastic but “real” 5G devices and systems accordingly while focusing on sub-6 GHz power amplifiers and 28 GHz transmitters. In addition, the workshop covers recent progress in RF devices, circuits, assembly, and phased array systems not only for 5G base stations but also for 5G handsets. These above hottest 5G NR topics will be provided by real 5G base-station manufacturers and real device suppliers.
The workshop attendees, therefore, will be able to learn and understand a variety of technical issues, their countermeasures, and the latest results related to base station transmitters and handset amplifiers of 5G NRs at a time. Thus, it is expected that this workshop will be very useful for 5G amplifier designers; beginners or less-experienced circuit/device designers as well as experienced designers engaged in circuit- and device-suppliers for use in 5G NRs.
- “Overview of 5G and expectations for RF front-end” Hiroshi Okazaki – NTT DOCOMO, INC
- “GaN HEMT Power Amplifiers for 5G Base Stations” James Wong – Sumitomo Electric Europe Ltd.
- “GaN Technology Challenges with 5G Infrastructure Applications” Monte Miller – NXP Semiconductors, USA
- “Advances in 5G handset RF front-ends: PAs and filters” Florinel Balteanu – Skyworks Solutions Inc.
- “Envelope tracking power amplifiers for 4G/5G mobile handset applications” Kenji Mukai – Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- “100nm and sub 100nm GaN/Si MMIC processes : The perfect complement to mmW 5G applications” Marc Rocchi – OMMIC
- “GaN HEMT Technologies for 5G Base Station Amplifiers” Kazutaka Inoue – Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.